An outdoor kitchen is the place to host family, hold big events, or simply cook outside and enjoy the warm weather as much as possible. There are a few tips listed below that explain what an outdoor kitchen can do for you, and you will discover that the outdoor kitchen can completely change the way you manage your home and your meal schedule.
1. What Is an Outdoor Kitchen? An outdoor kitchen is a fully-functioning kitchen that sits on your deck, on your patio, or by your pool. Everyone has their own way of setting up their outdoor kitchen, but these kitchens are no different from what you would see inside. The kitchen usually has a large countertop, stove, and oven. You can have a full fridge installed or you might have a mini-fridge placed under the counter. You might have a full bar set up with an ice chest, and you could have a blast chiller installed if you want a place to keep your cold desserts.
2. Why Would You Install an Outdoor Kitchen?
Everyone who installs an outdoor kitchen will find that they like cooking outside because they are not as concerned about making a mess. You can enjoy the Florida weather while you are cooking, and you can even lie down in a lounge chair while certain things are simmering or baking.
3. The Outdoor Kitchen Makes Things Easier The outdoor kitchen makes your life that much simpler because you can move your entire party outside. There is no need to walk in and out of the house, and you will find that you can fill the air with the smell of your cooking instead of sitting inside the house where the kitchen made everything a little bit too stuffy. You can easily wipe down and sweep the kitchen when you are done cooking, and you can spend more time outside.
4. The Kitchen Adds Real Value to Your Home The kitchen adds value to your home and backyard because it is not a common item. Most people do not have a kitchen sitting just outside their home, and you will entice more people to come over for gatherings because they want to see what the kitchen is like. The outdoor kitchen cuts down on the need for an excuse to go outside and grill because you can cook everything in this space. Plus, an outdoor kitchen is an installation that people will pay a premium for when it comes time to sell the house.
5. Hosting Is Easier The outdoor kitchen makes things easier because you can have your whole party in one place. It is very easy for you to bring people over, to cook for them in a public space, and watch over your food even while you talk to your friends or sit by the pool. You could even put something in the oven that you know needs to bake for half an hour, and you could jump in the pool while you wait for the timer to ring. You could get in the pool while someone else is cooking, and you could even shout a recipe from the pool or your lounge chair.
6. The Outdoor Kitchen Is Designed to Stand Up To Bad Weather The outdoor kitchen will stand up to poor weather, and it comes with a special cover that will protect the kitchen from wind and rain. The appliances can be locked and closed, and the cover will keep debris from damaging all your appliances. Plus, you can use any furniture in this space because you will have more area around the kitchen itself; an outdoor kitchen is much easier to sit in while people are cooking.
7. The Outdoor Kitchen Helps You Serve Everyone The outdoor kitchen makes it easy for people to serve the whole group. The countertop that comes along with your outdoor kitchen makes it easy for you to set up the buffet style meal that you plan to offer. Because of this, you can invite a lot of people over who can easily access the food that you have made. People who are hosting events inside have a hard time with the buffet arrangements because there is only so much room. Plus, you can set up a bar outside with your outdoor kitchen that does not get in the way. Wheeling in the cart for making drinks is much easier when you have extra space to work with.
Conclusion The outdoor kitchen that you have installed on your deck or patio could greatly benefit your lifestyle, change how you entertain, and allow you to enjoy the weather a lot more. You could set up a kitchen outside that allows you to cook everything you need for a big party, and you will find that the kitchen can double as a wet bar, allow you to serve all the food you just made, and will give you easy access to the pool. Enjoy the weather more this summer by cooking in an outdoor kitchen.
We don’t typically refer to kitchen interiors as a trend in the way one would in fashion because a kitchen remodel should last for many years in your home without looking dated. We do however see certain trends in the form features or materials emerge from year to year.
Here is what we are seeing in 2016:
As our lives become more and more connected to technology, we find more and more manufacturers are creating ways to cater to our tech needs.
Whether it’s charging stations in drawers or areas to store or display gadgets for quick access there are many ways to build these features into your kitchen to keep you connected!
One thing that is timeless is the fact that the kitchen is the central hub of any home. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Monday night dinner with the family or a Saturday night gathering with friends, it always gravitates towards the kitchen. Today’s cabinet designers have thought of just about every way possible to incorporate storage and gadget spaces in subtle ways to keep them from becoming clutter or eyesores in your kitchen.
Check out these great examples of kitchens where everything from a wine fridge, butcher block, spice rack or even the dog’s feeding station has been thought of in the design utilizing these innovative solutions from Greenfield Cabinets & Elmwood Cabinetry!
While there is always a virtual rainbow in color choices for cabinets and cabinet doors, this year we are seeing a lot homeowners gravitating towards clean, simple and earth tone colors in the kitchen. Here are some samples of some of the most popular colors in this year’s cabinet line up from Siteline Cabinets.
Creating multi-season spaces outdoors for cooking and entertaining continues to evolve. These are not just porches or patios anymore they are becoming full on living and entertaining spaces against the backdrop of the great outdoors. With summer just around the corner who wouldn’t love to host their next get together in a space like this?
Everyone by now pretty much considers granite the “must have” for an updated kitchen, but did you know that what you may be seeing these days is not really granite? Cambria is an ever growing choice for countertops today due to its surfaces being 93% pure quartz. Granite typically only contains 40–60% quartz. Being nonporous and nonabsorbent, it won’t draw in moisture from raw or leftover food, which can harbor harmful bacteria. It gives off zero emissions, and no radon. This durability also means it can be custom shaped and edged to create a truly custom look in your kitchen.
One thing that never goes out of style is great customization, which is what Grand Kitchen + Bath specializes in. If we can answer any questions or set up an initial design consultation for you simply contact us!